Feb 13, 2009

Hamilton counting himself out?

Update from the press conference at the Tour of California, apparently U.C. champ Tyler Hamilton's mom has breast cancer and that has been his focus for the last few months.
“I’ve been back in Boston for most of the last five weeks,” he said. And the weather out there hasn’t been so good for training, so I have spent three of the last five weeks on the indoor trainer. So I will take myself off of the list of favorites. But we have got some strong riders in guys like Oscar Sevilla, (Enrique) Gutierrez, Francisco Mancebo or Chris Baldwin who can fill that void. I will take it day by day and hope I can do something on a stage. Also we have Freddie Rodriguez, who is going well this year. I think he is a step or two above where he was last year. I will be a domestique this year and I will be happy to do it.”
Very sad news, I hope she gets well. Also, it's being reported that Floyd Landis crashed in training but is still expected to start Saturday.

No comments: